The above vacancy exists within the Legal Services Department and reports to the Manager: Legal Services. The purpose is to provide support and partnering with the legal team in improving the legal services rendered by the department to the company, as well as play a support role to the Manager: Legal Services. The ideal candidate will be someone who has successfully completed an LLB degree and is an admitted attorney, with a minimum of 3 years post articles, litigation and commercial experience.
Key performance areas:
- Management of attorneys;
- Legal advice and research;
- Contract negotiation, drafting, vetting and management;
- Copyright infringement action;
- General litigation;
- Debt recovery/Collections; and
- General legal queries.
- Relevant legal qualification- LLB degree;
- An admitted attorney;
- A minimum 3 years post articles, litigation and commercial experience.
- Ability to manage stakeholders (attorneys, legal consultants, service providers etc.);
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure;
- Ability to oversee and manage legal projects;
- Excellent computer skills (including word processing and spreadsheet packages);
- Good written and verbal communication skills; and
- Understanding of copyright law is essential.
- Attention to detail;
- Problem solving ability;
- Goal setting ability;
- Professional knowledge;
- Action orientation;
- Time-Management; and
- Analytical thinking ability.
Send your application to email@example.com. All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy. Closing date for this position is 28 February 2018.
Should you not receive any feedback in the next two weeks, please consider that you application has been unsuccessful.