Business Process Analyst
Business Process Analyst
The above vacancy exists within the IM&S Project Office and reports to the Manager: Project Office. The purpose of the role is to help the company understand and improve business processes by conducting analysis of business objectives, business rules, data, data processing, process flows, people, systems, tools, documentation, process volumes, process compliance levels, organisational structure, performance metrics, best practices etc. and by proposing and/or helping to implement beneficial changes.
Key Performance areas:
- Learning the business domain.
- Discovering strategic business objectives.
- Defining problem scope.
- Formulating analysis approach and identifying stakeholders.
- Modelling business processes and defining requirements, and proposing and motivating beneficial changes, to ensure alignment with business strategy.
- Driving and facilitating the implementation of changes.
- Realizing and measuring the benefits of implemented changes.
The successful candidate would:
- Have successfully completed Matric;
- Have successfully completed a Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent.
- Have at least 3 to 5 years’ experience related to the key performance areas.
Required competencies include:
- Familiarity with process analysis methodologies (e.g. process mapping, business process reengineering).
- Ideally, evidence of appropriate training and/or an appropriate qualification (such as Lean/Six Sigma, Business Process Modelling, Business Analysis).
- A strong practical understanding of business methodologies, techniques and tools.
- Computer and IT systems literacy.
- Knowledge of computer-based processes.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Current knowledge of developments/trends within the area of expertise.
- Ideally, knowledge of the media and entertainment industry, and specifically copyright management.
- Strong ability to investigate and analyse information and to draw conclusions as to how business performance can be improved.
- Proficiency in the use of analytical tools (e.g. spreadsheets, flow charts, process diagrams).
- Excellent communication, interviewing and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing skills (to produce reports, presentations, business requirements documents, change proposals).
- Ability to review and produce highly effective documentation that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Able to define the current state of business functions and processes.
- Able to distil large volumes of complex requirements and data from disparate sources, condense and simplify these, and clearly articulate the information for the purpose of business problem solving or solution proposals.
- Able to assess business processes holistically and develop proposals for viable beneficial improvements.
- Able to develop business models and plans for the implementation of business strategies.
- Able to develop management & control systems and governance frameworks to ensure alignment between business capabilities and strategic goals.
- Proven ability to lead and facilitate workshops involving internal and external stakeholders from different backgrounds to gather information or to reach consensus on change proposals.
- Ability to conduct surveys.
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Strong change management skills.
- Able to set and meet challenging deadlines.
- Strong analytical drive.
- Structured and conceptual thinker.
- Solution-driven problem solver.
- Able to demonstrate and confirm understanding of business and system requirements and issues.
- Able to see the big picture, understand business objectives and be able to apply understanding of how processes should work to propose operational improvement initiatives.
- Able to examine problems from multiple perspectives and propose the most appropriate solution after considering a range of options.
- Willing to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to encourage others to make innovative contributions and embrace new ideas.
- Creative and innovative.
- Willingness to set or adopt standards or controls where this would add business value.
- Organised and methodical.
- Accurate and thorough.
- Customer service-oriented.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to work as an individual, as well as in a team.
- Excellent decision-making ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to build rapport.
- Promotes active listening with team members.
- Contributes appropriately to conversations/debates.
- Proactively seeks opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Shares skills and knowledge with others through formal and informal channels.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy. Closing date for this position is 31 May 2018.