The above vacancy exists within the Marketing and Communications department and reports to the Manager: Marketing. The purpose of this role is to proactively manage all existing and future, including SAMRO online media platforms and ensure that content is created and that it promotes the SAMRO brand. The ideal candidate will be someone who has successfully completed Matric, and has a relevant degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications or Public Relations with at least 3 years relevant experience in a Marketing/Communications environment.
Key performance areas:
- Create and manage content for SAMRO's new and existing platforms, including digital and social media.
- Brief and manage suppliers in respect of publications, AV, website, design, media monitoring.
- Brief and write content for SAMRO's publications.
- Prepare and attend workshops.
- Attend industry events.
- Assist with copy edits for all products.
- Relevant Marketing, Communications and Public Relations degree/diploma.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a Marketing/Communications environment.
- Sound knowledge of online communication channels.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand and engage in contemporary and changing communication trends.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management.
- Innovative & Creative.
- Good organisational & planning ability.
- Goal and deadline driven.
- Team player.
- Relationship building and networking skills.
If you are confident that you have the necessary qualification and experience to perform the above mentioned duties, please forward your CV (stating which position you are applying for) in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy. Closing date for this position is 31 December 2018.