General Manager: Licensing
General Manager: Licensing
The above vacancy exists within the Licensing Division and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The purpose of the job is to develop and meet revenue growth objectives. The ideal candidate will be someone who has completed a Business degree at honours level, and Masters level qualification would be an advantage. Knowledge, training and experience in copyright licensing is highly recommended. The candidate should have 5 - 10 years’ experience in a relevant senior management or executive role.
Key performance areas include:
- Development of overall Licensing Strategy, including Digital Licensing Strategy and Joint Licensing Strategy
- Sales Leadership.
- Key Client Management.
- Achievement of quarterly and annual budget targets.
- Reduction in historic and current bad debt.
- Benchmarking and redesign of commission structure.
- Creation of credit management processes.
- Review and redesign of tariff structure.
- Market analysis and scenario planning.
- Quarterly licensing revenue forecasts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management of licensing department.
- Provide coaching and training to licensing team.
- New business development.
- Facilitate integrated/cross business decisions on licensing.
- Develop and lead the execution of licensing strategy, pricing strategy and contract management.
- Lead licensing central projects or initiatives.
- Articulate Sales policy, procedures and guidelines to support strategy implementation and meet regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and present annual Sales revenue and expense budgets for board approval.
- Improve product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities.
- Collaboration with Marketing GM to develop communications strategies for licensees.
- A business degree at honours level or equivalent qualification.
- A Masters’ level qualification would be an advantage.
- 5 - 10 years’ experience in a relevant senior management role.
- A general interest in the music industry as well as background knowledge of the industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of copyright and licensing principles.
- Technical licensing knowledge / expertise.
- Strong general business and strategy acumen / experience.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Extensive reporting skills;
- Able to exercise professional judgement;
- Extraordinarily organized;
- Detail orientated;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Budget management skills and proficiency;
- Ability to network;
- Values diversity;
- Customer focused;
- High energy levels;
- Ability to lead and
- Change fit
If you are confident that you have the necessary qualifications and experience to perform the above duties, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy. Closing date for this position is 30 April 2019. If you do not hear back from us after 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.