IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
The above vacancy exists within Information Management and Systems division and reports to the IT Facilities Manager. The purpose of the role is to provide complex system level technical support of multiple operating systems, hardware, networks and software, including installation, configuration, documentation, licensing, monitoring and maintenance of these systems.
- Infrastructure - Resource Management (Systems Availability, Performance, Capacity and Utilization).
- Infrastructure - Systems Administration (Active Directory, Dynamics AX, Google Apps, other applications).
- Infrastructure - Hardware Installation, Configuration and Maintenance.
- Infrastructure - Resource utilization efficiency (licenses, space etc).
- Application Management - Installation, Configuration and maintenance of all server related applications.
- Security - Disaster Recovery (Disaster Recovery and Continuity Management - data backups and restores, scheduled test restores using Data Protection manager.
- Security - ICT Infrastructure Security Management (Symantec endpoint protection, Patch management etc).
- Technical Support - Work orders and end user support.
- Research and Development.
- Diploma or Higher Diploma in Computer Science.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) in: Windows Server 2012 (preferred), SQL (advantageous).
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience within a similar role.
- Experience supporting and administering Windows 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2012 /2016 operating systems in medium to large scale environments.
- MS Windows desktop operating systems and associated desktop and server management tools (System Centre Operations Manager, Microsoft System Centre Configuration Manager, System Center Virtual Machine Manager Microsoft Data Protection Manager, Symantec end point protection) all preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX administration (preferred).
- Knowledge in Microsoft SQL server installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Knowledge in Microsoft SharePoint server installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to work independently on planning and implementation of large scale, complex solutions, in a fast paced environment.
- Broad knowledge of IT software Installations, Techniques & troubleshooting skills.
- Good business awareness to complement the technical skills and customer service orientation.
- Deep expertise in Win2000/2003/2008/2012 Servers and services like Active Directory, DNS, Group Policies.
- Excellent Troubleshooting and Debugging skills for the Microsoft Platform & applications built on the Microsoft stack.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Server virtualisation and clustering.
- Deep knowledge of Networking and Hardware Standards, including TCP/IP, firewalls, switches, Wi-Fi, routers, V-LANs, NAS, SANS, DNS, Communications, Sockets, Active Directory, and load balancers.
- Solid understanding of security concepts, principles and practices, including fundamental knowledge of OSI model.
- A passion for delivering quality software solutions.
- Methodical and structured approach with eye for detail and quality.
- Excellent investigative and problem solving abilities.
- Working well individually or as part of a team, irrespective of team size.
- Being a self-starter willing and able to take ownership and assume responsibility.
- Ability to manage own time, prioritise effectively and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills at both technical and non-technical level. including the ability to communicate with and present to clients.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
- Enthusiastic, passionate and quick learner, with the desire to broaden knowledge and expand skills.
- Achievement orientation, action orientation, concern for order, creativity / innovation, decisiveness, information seeking, customer service orientation.
- Analytical skills.
- People skills - Customer service focus.
- Technical know-how.
- Attention to detail.
- Conceptual thinking ability.
- Interpersonal understanding.
- Ability to multi-task.
If you are confident that you have the necessary qualifications and experience to perform the above duties, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy. Closing date for this position is 31 May 2019. If you do not hear back from us after 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.