SAMRO Music Archive
SAMRO Music Archive
The SAMRO Foundation (NPC) is an independently registered not-for-profit company that manages the Corporate Social Investment (CSI) and music education programmes of the Southern African Music Rights Organisation (SAMRO) Group. Since its inception in 1962 SAMRO has collected musical scores from southern African composers which have become part of the SAMRO Music Archive. The Music Scores Officer will be required to oversee the sale of physical music scores and digital scores via the online SAMRO Scores platform. Tasks include ensuring the music archive and stock are kept in an orderly fashion to producing digital scores.
The above full-time contract exists within the SAMRO Foundation. The ideal candidate is one who has successfully completed a music and/or business degree or equivalent, as well as have experience in music and archive-library administration. The candidate will have an understanding of music scoring, publishing and indexing of catalogues.
Experience in the following areas will be ideal:
- Archive systems
- Book / Music Publishing & Sales
- Music literacy and the ability to use notation software like Sibelius
- E-commerce & Web Design
- Legal: Copyright Compliance, Policy and Contracts
- Networking and relationship building
The following will be required:
- Demonstrable ability to read and interpret musical arrangements
- Meticulous administrative abilities
- Excellent literacy skills including comprehensive reading, and writing and editing texts for various publications, proposals and reports
- Has a good understanding of all music genres
- Computer Literacy
- Attention to detail
- A passion for promoting South African arts
- Strong team ethic
- Situational empathy
Knowledge of general office systems and basic word processing skills are vital, while some data processing knowledge would be helpful. A valid driver’s license with own vehicle is essential.
If you are confident that you have the necessary qualification and experience to perform the above mentioned duties, please forward your CV (stating which position you are applying for) to email@example.com
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy. Closing date for this position is 28 February 2018. If you do not hear back from us after 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.