SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
Microsoft Dynamics AX
The above vacancy exists within the IT Systems department of the Information Management & Services division.
The suitable candidate’s duties and responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creation and design of business solutions based on user requirements obtained through liaison with business users;
- Creation of functional and technical specification documents;
- System and user acceptance testing;
- Creating and maintaining system configuration and policy and procedure documentation;
- Guiding and liaising with users to gain an understanding of required modifications to existing applications, or new applications and post implementation deployment support;
- Providing on-call support and problem resolution for applications where needed;
- Sharing knowledge and experience with other team members;
- Maintaining currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technology, systems and business processes;
- Establishing agreed time estimates for allocated tasks and managing yourself and your team for delivery and quality; and
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate would:
- Have successfully completed Matric;
- Have successfully completed a Bachelors’ Degree in Information Systems (or related field) or have a minimum of 7 years professional business analysis experience, preferably in a Dynamics AX environment.
- Ideally have basic SQL querying skills; and
- Ideally have 2 years industry knowledge in the copyright industry and/or SAMRO experience.
Required competencies include:
- Relevant ERP architecture, design, software and database applications and environments;
- Process design;
- Design and analysis concepts and tools; and
- IT and customer service standards and procedures.
- Systems analysis, design, functional analysis, databases, testing and support;
- Excellent organisational, time management and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to solve critical problems in a timely manner within a complex business system environment;
- Conceptual thinking ability;
- Ability to investigate and analyse information and to draw conclusions;
- Accuracy and thoroughness;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Design solutions, decompose solutions into action plans and execute and manage the execution of the action plans;
- Knowledge-sharing, training, coaching;
- Customer service delivery;
- Planning, goal setting and time management skills;
- Ability to develop an\or review and guide functional specifications, functional and user acceptance. test plans, scenarios and test results;
- Ability to assist and lead junior staff;
- Ability to estimate and control own and team resource deadlines, effort and priority;
- Ability to perform, manage and guide data analysis and support solutions;
- Ability to handle and work under pressure; and
- Ability to work as an individual, as well as in a team.
- Organised, methodical and thorough;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Creative and innovative;
- Customer service oriented;
- Compliant in adhering to standards, procedures and specifications;
- Analytical thinking;
- Ownership in taking responsibility for own actions;
- Results orientated; and
- Solution Seeking.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy. Closing date for this position is 15 May 2018.
Should you not receive any feedback in the next two weeks, please consider that you application has been unsuccessful.