Dynamics AX, SQL, SharePoint
The above vacancy exists within the IT Systems department of the Information Management & Services Division.
The successful candidate would:
- Have successfully completed Matric.
- Ideally have completed a post-Matric qualification in programming, or have sufficient equivalent professional experience.
- Have a minimum of 5 years professional development experience using object-orientated languages and relational databases.
- Have a minimum of 5 years professional development experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Have a minimum of 5 years professional development experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Ideally have Dynamics AX upgrade experience.
- Ideally have professional development experience with Microsoft SharePoint, .Net, Active Server Pages, C#, Web sites, SQL, SALT and Atlas.
- Ideally have industry knowledge in the copyright industry and/or SAMRO experience.
The suitable candidate’s duties and responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing software and data development / configuration in accordance with established development, testing and implementation tools and procedures.
- Maintaining and modifying software applications, by obtaining approval, amending documentation, making applications changes and carrying out unit testing.
- Developing and executing unit, system integration, acceptance test plans and producing test results for review.
- Creating implementation documentation, plans and operational instructions.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of new and modified applications and procedures according to standards.
- Designing and documenting application solutions, and application solution architectures.
- Evaluating interrelationships between applications, modules and databases, and managing impacts effectively.
- Analysing the performance of applications and databases and taking action to correct deficiencies or make optimisations based on consultation with users and with the approval of management.
- Liaising with users to gain an understanding of required changes or modifications to existing applications, or new applications.
- Providing on-call support and problem resolution for applications where needed.
- Seeking assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
- Sharing knowledge and experience with other team members, including training, coaching and reviewing of work as necessary.
- Maintaining currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technology, methodologies and systems.
- Establishing agreed time estimates for allocated tasks and self-managing delivery accordingly.
- Where necessary, managing the work of others, and managing staff.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required competencies include:
- Established programming languages and methodologies.
- Relevant software and database applications and environments.
- Computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
- IT and customer service standards and procedures.
- Current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Systems analysis, programming, databases, testing, implementation, support.
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Conceptual thinking ability.
- Ability to investigate and analyse information and to draw conclusions.
- Accuracy and thoroughness.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge-sharing, training, coaching.
- Customer service delivery.
- Planning, goal setting and time management skills.
- Ability to handle and work under pressure.
- Ability to work as an individual, as well as in a team.
- Organised, methodical and thorough.
- Creative and innovative.
- Customer service oriented.
- Team player.
- Compliant in adhering to standards, procedures and specifications.
Send your application to CV@samro.org.za. All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy. Closing date for this position is 15 June 2017.