Senior Developer x 2
Senior Developer x 2
Dynamics AX, .Net C#, SQL, SharePoint
The above vacancy exists within the IT Systems department of the Information Management & Services division.
The successful candidate would:
- Have successfully completed Matric.
- Ideally have completed a post-Matric qualification/certification in programming, or have sufficient equivalent professional experience.
- Have a minimum of 5+ years professional development experience using object-orientated languages and relational databases.
- Have a minimum of 5+ years professional development experience with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Have a minimum of 5+ years professional development experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Ideally have professional development experience in any of the following areas; Microsoft SharePoint, .Net, C#, Front End Technologies (preferably Angular), Web services, Mobile application development.
- Be at an advantage if they hold some industry knowledge or working experience in the copyright industry.
The suitable candidate’s duties and responsibilities would include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performing software and data development / configuration in accordance with established development, testing and implementation tools and procedures.
- Designing software application changes based on provided specification to company standards, best practises and within acceptable performance criteria.
- Maintaining and modifying software applications, by obtaining approval, amending documentation, making application changes and carrying out unit testing.
- Developing and executing unit, system integration, acceptance test plans and producing test results for review.
- Creating implementation documentation, plans and operational instructions.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of new and modified applications and procedures according to standards.
- Evaluating interrelationships between applications, modules and databases, and managing impacts effectively.
- Liaising with users to gain an understanding of required changes or modifications to existing applications, or new applications.
- Liaising with users to obtain sign-off of system changes and permission for go-live.
- Providing on-call support and problem resolution for applications where needed.
- Seeking assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
- Sharing knowledge and experience with other team members.
- Maintaining currency of knowledge with respect to relevant technology, methodologies and systems.
- Establishing agreed time estimates for allocated tasks and self-managing delivery accordingly.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Required competencies include:
- Established programming languages and methodologies.
- Relevant software and database applications and environments.
- Computer flow charts and of programming logic and codes.
- IT and customer service standards and procedures.
- Current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
- Systems analysis, programming, databases, testing, implementation, support.
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Conceptual thinking ability.
- Ability to investigate and analyse information and to draw conclusions.
- Accuracy and thoroughness.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge-sharing, training, coaching.
- Customer service delivery.
- Planning, goal setting and time management skills.
- Ability to handle and work under pressure.
- Ability to work as an individual, as well as in a team
- Organised, methodical and thorough.
- Creative and innovative.
- Customer service oriented.
- Compliant in adhering to standards, procedures and specifications.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity policy. Closing date for this position is 31 March 2018.
Should you not receive any feedback in the next two weeks, please consider that you application has been unsuccessful.