2016 Music awards

Visit Wawela Website

South African Music Rights Organisation


Purchasing a Music Usage Licence from SAMRO gives Music Users permission to play music publically at their business or venue. The funds collected from these fees are called "licence fees". They are passed on to the people who made the music as royalty income. So they are rewarded for the hard work and soul that goes into making the tunes that make your business better.

Not all businesses are the same. A radio station that plays dance hits is a lot different to a restaurant that makes use of background music. So different kinds of businesses need different types of licences. We’ve been doing this for a long time and there’s not much we don’t know about the way music is used and how to create licenses that are fair and reasonable.